Thursday, February 17, 2011

monkey bread


don't ask me why they (they being wanda's pie in the sky in kensington market) call it that but it may have something to do with the fact that it makes you kinda ape shit for it. apes, monkeys, different i know. essentially this is the biggest, gooiest, most amazing cinnamon bun i have ever eaten in my long legged life (and i grew up in brampton with a best friend who worked at cin-a-bon). and i did't eat the whole thing, i was cut a slice that could feed a family (or a manek) okay so there are walnuts in it but still walnuts? monkey bread? i don't get it? they only make it on the weekends and when i asked the cute counter guy why he sweetly responded "because if we served it everyday toronto would get too fat." true enough.
oh and the picture is not so great because my lense fogged up when i walked into the joint and my memory card was full, and i was distracted by the moneky bread and my dad whose glaases had also fogged up and was craning his neck like a muppet looking for me.

No comments: