Thursday, November 11, 2010

karen sealy's burn-your-ass-off shrimp


After a long day of shopping/fitting for a photo shoot for Karen's upcoming design show we were starving!
Karen offered to make me her spicy shrimp, and who am I to say no to food. Karen is a self professed heat addict and I'm telling you I can handle heat and these babies are hot! I swear when she was frying them up there was so much pepper in the air my throat was burning (please put your fan on while cooking this).
Super easy, super yummy and goes down great with a glass or two of dry riesling.
She told me what was in the recipe but didn't give me amounts so I guessed. I also opted to serve mine on a bed of brown rice to cut the heat with a few wedges of fresh lime to put out the remaining fire.

What's in mine:
1 tbls cayenne pepper
1 tbls paprika
1 tbls garlic powder
1 tbls cumin
1 tbls dry mustard
2 tbls brown sugar
3 tlbs olive oil
lime wedges
chopped cilantro
chopped basil
brown rice
combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl, toss the peeled and detailed shrimp in the olive oil and then add the dry ingredients.
fry till golden and serve with chopped herbs and lime wedges.

No comments: